Freelance Opportunity: Developer
- Develop/modify email campaigns and templates.
- Execute best practices in email development, accessibility, and email compliance regulations.
- Help build static and dynamic sites with the ability to custom-build functionality if needed.
- Attend digital meetings and collaborate with the Marketing Communications team on projects.
- Work cross-functionally with members of various teams.
- Create and maintain HTML/CSS using responsive, mobile-first standards, confirming to web accessibility guidelines and best practices. Established style and conformance details for new deliverable types.
- Troubleshoot content display issues or bugs across browser and devices.
- Act as the top tier of technical support for assigned applications including interaction with third party vendor support on complex issues.
- Work closely with designers to turn storyboards and other visual assets into web, email and ad campaigns.
- Set up, test, and launch email campaigns.
- Troubleshoot HTML, CSS, and other performance issues to ensure identical rendering across browsers, ESPs, and devices.
- Evaluate systems specifications for client area web site requirements and determines and implement the most efficient and cost-effective software/package solution.
- Research and track new web technologies, develops service applications, and analyzes business requirements as they pertain to web-based systems.
- Keep up-to-date with knowledge of industry best practices for email creative and templates, segmentation, dynamic content, and testing methodologies.
- Other coding, email, and database maintenance tasks as needed
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills with an impeccable eye for detail.
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities.
- 2+ years of relevant development work experience and knowledge of prevailing standards and trends in HTML.
- Intermediate knowledge and understanding of HTML/CSS as it applies to email builds.
- Ability to assess code and learn new programming languages.
- Understanding of email compliance regulations such as CAN-SPAM and GDPR.
- Knowledge of responsive design, web standards and best practices.
- Familiarity with maintenance of WordPress themes, plugins, APIs and databases. Custom WordPress theme development skills a plus.
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Can easily incorporate all necessary HTML and CSS into WordPress themes, and templates.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and ramifications for consistent style across platforms and browsers.
- Comfortable with coding emails in NotePad++
- Knowledge of the differing requirements for coding an email in comparison to web development.
- Familiarity with email testing software. Email on Acid a plus.
- Familiarity with email communications platforms and contact management applications (adding, creating, editing contact records, import/exports, creating audience groups, etc.). Luminate Online (formerly Convio) a plus.