East Valley Board Partner with a Market Leader
In recent decades, the East Valley has transformed from a rural stretch to a thriving metropolis. The region once sustained by agriculture now claims leadership status in cutting-edge sectors such as aerospace, technology, finance and education. Today, the region’s population is soaring, with projections for continued growth.
The mission of the East Valley Board is to advocate, fundraise and raise awareness for the impact of Phoenix Children’s Hospital in our local East Valley communities. This board will set a standard of excellence for philanthropy as Phoenix Children’s presence grows in the East Valley. The mix of the board’s guidance with the Hospital’s standing history will contribute positively through the season of expansion and future growth for years to come. Phoenix Children’s has responded to the need of Arizona children since its beginning in 1983, and with the help of the East Valley Board, this response will result in a heightened level of care to East Valley children and families.
As part of our effort to build world-class pediatric care for Arizona’s families, Phoenix Children’s has engaged in an unprecedented expansion into the East Valley by forging an innovative, one-of-a-kind partnership with Dignity Health — a first of its kind nationwide. Together, these two respected health systems will bring a new facility dedicated solely to the needs of women and children to the sprawling campus at Mercy Gilbert Medical Center. The brand new, five-story Women and Children’s Pavilion at the established Mercy Gilbert Center will deliver maternity and specialty pediatric services in one convenient location. Now, mothers and fragile newborns in the NICU will be cared for in close proximity, to reduce risk and promote bonding. The rooms feature all of the amenities parents need to stay with their babies while also managing work and caring for older siblings.
In addition to the amenities and features found in maternity care, the new Hospital will feature pediatric emergency care; inpatient pediatric care; newborn intensive care; and surgical and post-operative services, all supported by imaging, lab and pharmacy services onsite. Furthermore, families in need of specialty care will find a brand new medical office building adjacent to the Women and Children’s Pavilion.
With support from the East Valley Board and the entire community, more children in the East Valley will enjoy the best possible start in life — and the quality care they deserve — right in their own community.
- Debbie James, Board Co-Chair and CEO, Cranial Technologies, Inc.
- Mary Beth Bassett, Board Co-Chair and EVP and Chief of Quality, Vitalant
- Lee Ann Benson, VP, East Valley Market, Phoenix Children’s
- Ken Costello, COO, MST Solutions
- Landon Evans, Owner/Founder, HDE Events
- Thomas B. Fischer, CFO, OnTrac
- Tim Harrison, VP, Corporate Partnerships & Special Events, Phoenix Children’s
- Kim Ho, Corporate Development Officer, Phoenix Children’s
- Ryan Howard, Global Account Director, Snowflake Computing
- Ashley O’Brien, Development Officer, Phoenix Children’s
- Rowan Pickering, Owner/Founder, Event Team, Inc.
- Dr. Yasmin Rahimi, Owner/Founder, BackFit Health + Spine
- Alex Shaffer, Regional President, Meadows Bank
- Steve Whitworth, President, Kitchell Construction
- Kent Wilson, Managing Director, Government Affairs, Target Corporation
For more information, please contact Kim Ho.