Everyone needs an estate plan, regardless of wealth or family status. Life can be unpredictable, and it makes sense to be prepared.
Estate planning is about documenting how we wish to support our families and those closest to us as well as causes that are particularly meaningful. Thoughtful planning is an act of love for those we care for most, and a regularly updated plan can give you peace of mind.
Keeping your plans up to date is an ongoing process. It’s a good idea to revisit your plans after certain key life events, such as changes in health, finances, or family status.
Getting started doesn’t have to be complicated. We offer the following suggestions to ensure that your essential documents are in place to protect yourself and your family:
How to get started
- Choose your legal counsel to ensure your state laws are followed and your legacy plan can be fulfilled.
- Identify your beneficiaries—family, friends, other loved ones, and causes that matter to you.
- Consider your personal and financial goals.
- Identify the assets you wish to pass on to loved ones and/or charity.
- Make or update your will and/or living trust to reflect your wishes.
- Update your beneficiary designations on your financial accounts.
- Create or update other necessary documents—your advance directive, powers of attorney, and letters of intent.
Creating a healthy future for children
Learn more about these important documents and how to get started with creating or updating your plan by downloading your copy of “Four Simple Planning Documents Everyone Needs.”
When updating their estate plans, many Phoenix Children’s supporters have decided to make a gift that will give injured or ill children and their families hope: a gift in their will or trust or through beneficiary designation to Phoenix Children’s.
These deeply personal and thoughtful gifts for the future make it possible for us to care for children regardless of financial situation. Turning away families is never an option.
Creating a healthy future for children and families in Arizona is a mission that must be sustained year over year – we must ensure that Phoenix Children’s will always be there for all families who need us.