Volunteer Opportunities Throughout The Year
Years Since 40/40 Started
(Formerly Emerging Leaders)
Raised Since Inception
Become a 40/40 Member
Want to join a professional group unlike any other? Annual memberships are $250 for individuals and $400 for married couples. Membership benefits include:
- 100% tax deductible & eligible for the Arizona Charitable Tax Credit
- Unique opportunities to network and volunteer with other professionals
- Access to specialized professional development workshops facilitated by experts in a variety of fields
- The chance to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our patients and families at PCH
Frequently Asked Questions
Thank you for your interest in 40/40 (formerly Emerging Leaders)! Please find responses to some of our frequently asked questions below or reach out to us!
40/40 (formerly Emerging Leaders) is a group of professionals ranging in age from 20s-40 who are passionate about supporting the work of Phoenix Children’s via three pillars: Lead, Give, Serve. They participate in volunteer, social, fundraising, personal and professional development activities enabling them to network and build relationships with likeminded leaders in the community.
Membership in 40/40 also enables you to volunteer at Phoenix Children’s without having to commit to the stringent onboarding and scheduling process for traditional hospital volunteers.
All of the money raised by Emerging Leaders goes 100% back to programs at Phoenix Children’s voted on by members.
To become a member of 40/40, you can sign up HERE. If you want to ask a current member questions about Emerging Leaders, wish to attend an upcoming event or just check it out, reach out to us or connect with us on Facebook
Yes. Annual membership dues are a $250 donation for individuals and $400 donation for married couples. 100% of membership dues are tax deductible and qualify for the Arizona Charitable Tax Credit that enables you to get back dollar for dollar what you contribute to PCH up to $400 for single filers or $800 for joint filers. CLICK HERE to learn more.
We also ask that members sign up for shifts volunteering at Phoenix Children’s either playing Bingo in the Child Life Zone or taking the Family Care Cart to inpatient rooms. It’s a fun and rewarding experience to connect with the families we serve, meet other Emerging Leaders members and hospital staff!
JOIN A COMMITTEE
We have several committees and opportunities you can get involved in to find your group within the group:
- The Giving & Signature Event Committee works year-round to plan and host the annual Signature Event in partnership with some of the top, local chefs, businesses and incredible venues that is our largest fundraiser of the year. CLICK HERE to contact the Giving and Signature Event Committee Chair.
- The Leadership Committee coordinates opportunities for members to meet with and hear from Valley leaders, grow their personal and professional skills and create opportunities for members to network and learn more about Phoenix Children’s and some of the amazing work being done in our community. Notable past speakers include physicians, researchers, an Olympian, and C-Suite executives of global companies. CLICK HERE to contact the Leadership Committee Chair
- There is ALWAYS a need for volunteers! The Family Care Cart shifts are monthly from 5:00pm-8:00pm and are typically done in conjunction with at least one other 40/40 member or hospital volunteer. Every Thursday from 6:15pm-7:30pm, we have the opportunity to play Bingo with children and their families in the Child Life Zone. CLICK HERE to contact the Emerging Leaders Volunteer Manager
- Attend an event! 40/40 hosts events throughout the year at different times and locations so you’re sure to find something that suits your schedule from happy hours to service projects, fitness classes to early riser breakfasts and everything in between! Check back for updates to our events calendar and learn more by visiting our Facebook page.
- CONTACT US
Yes! If you are unable to join as a member, there are plenty of ways to support PCH 40/40 including:
- hosting a supply drive in your office for the Family Care Cart
- attending an event
- becoming a corporate sponsor
- administrative volunteer opportunities
- advocating for 40/40 and Phoenix Children’s
- engaging your employees in Emerging Leaders
- making a donation
- and much more!
Contact 40/40 for more information!